Sunday, January 17, 2010

Monochrome~

Well "Monochrome"

What is the first thing that comes across your mind when you read this word?

I first heard this word in a Japanese songs. In fact, when you listen to a lot of Japanese songs ( especially J-rock) you can find that its quite common.

^^ its an explanation for a colour ~

when i first heard it from a song ~ i was thinking oh ~ must be coloourful.

I had no idea !

"MONO" single right??? lets just assume the "chrome " means colour ~...

Turns out ~ it means a different shade of the same colour ~ basically, black and white ~

Remember the days where there were black and white TVs??? there ~ that's monochrome ~ the different shades of black and white all accumulated together to form a real life picture ~

Come to think of it, my favorite colour is black and white ...how vapid ~ right??

__________________________
Life is VAPID !

frustration~ not an easy word or feeling to deal with ~

I wish i could just leave everything behind and run away ~

Or maybe just sink into a deep sleep , and wake up in a fairy tale world ~

Those that you know " there are hard times but the endings are always happy"

where you know that despite how harsh life is , there will be some sort of salvation...

The bad guys just die out , or turn good in the end ~ the main character , after suffering torment and hard life, gains friendship and also love ~

The reality is ...fairy tales doesn't exist ~

haha~

Here's is what i would like to wake up to ~ after that "sleep "


__________________________________

I was getting ready for a busy morning ~ took a look at the mirror and even smirked at myself.

Just as i stopped (smirking), someone calls me for breakfast ~

I let out a sigh of relieve as i wasn't caught acting silly ~ then smiled to myself as i walked down the hall way to the dining room ~

Breakfast was neatly laid on a turquoise coloured tablecloth

Someone served me my favorite drink ~ Fresh fruit juice
then asks "how's the song coming?"

i answer " um~i need more inspiration"

I take a sip of a perfectly brewed tea ~

then a bite of a chocolate muffin ~

We exchanged a few laughs ~

after breakfast, i flip through the book i had for ages ~

the book where i kept my thoughts, some odd doodles too ~

and of course ~ the songs that portrays my life ~

a serene feeling comes ~ and as i read through my thoughts , i remember what made me who i am today ~

all that pain, blood sweat and tears ...paid off ~

i run my fingers down the pages ~

letting out a silent almost unnoticeable giggle as i red my so-called "letters to Maya"

Somehow i could see some wrinkled spots , what was left of the tears that fell on these pages , preserved by the very surface that absorbed them ~

Life was tough ~

I felt a hand on my shoulder , i turned around and a cute smile enters the picture,

My band's vocalist told me that it was time to meet our mentors for a run through ~

She tossed me the keys to our van . I then gave her an unnatural grin as i won the "janken" the previous night on deciding who was gonna drive ~

Upon arriving at our studio , we were greeted by bows and "ohayo"s ... we did the same in return .

We met up with our drummer , the serious one , and then our bassist the funny one ~ we manage our own band ~ We get our clothing line from our established mentors and their brand "Gurucho"

Today was studio work !

I was working with my senpai...Aiji-san on the guitar sound ~

I was sitting on an armless office chair with one of my many electric guitars ~

My mentor sits behind with the paper i handed to him last week ~ which he approved of after i spruced it up ~

I then strum a few chords to give him an idea of what the tune and tempo would turn out to be ~

he gave me a few pointers~

" ja jugujugu jang jugujugu jang~ ....the ending would sound better like that" doing an air guitar ,while mimicking the sound of the guitar ...

i nodded and strummed the pattern out....

i hit rewind on the tape recorder i had in front of me and listened to myself strum ~

"it could be better " i thought to myself...

Sure enough my mentor was on the same page ~ " just let the last part sound instead of stopping it..jang jugujugu jang jugujugu janggggg~" he brush his right arm across his lap as if he had a guitar .

i payed the final chorus and did what he said ~ yes. it sounded perfect ~

It only felt like an hour or so but a whole days work has passed ~

we were to work the next day with the bass and drum sounds then recording starts after that~

"Life is busy but fun in a way ~"

I finished my blog and clicked "publish post"

As i did , i heard some sort of commotion going on outside

the others already made plans for dinner ~

I, of course, was dragged along too...
we enjoyed talking about work
we discussed the clothing line and our costumes . it was our vocalist favorite part in releasing a new single ~

Oh..and of course ~ the annual tour ~

As i finish the last sip of my "sake "( the only alcohol drink i can handle ) i recalled the first time we did and opening for a concert ~ it was a life changing one ~

I was in full costume ~ the make up the hair ~ and the custom made ESP guitar given to me ~
________________________

pathetic right?? yea...i think so too ~
_________________________


Ah but life is here ~ in front of my laptop ~

worrying about home and some dallied assignments ~

the future is set~

I will one day be bound to society ~

A government's property ~

being groomed to be what i was meant to be all along...

Being groomed to be what flows in this blood of mine ~

fairy tales never existed and never will exist ~

this is life and also the reality that we have to face everyday ~

For a girl that wants to run away from reality , it really sucks~

I will hence sink into this shell of mine and work my way around this cruel and painful world ~

Hopefully when i am groomed and made into a person i was destined to be , i will come back to life ~ and find some happiness ~

as for now~ happiness seems so far away ~

I'll try my best ...even if i feel like running ~

So you guys should to

-Miyuki-